New Cafeteria- tables have arrived 👍
Kitchen washrooms – Near completion.👍
Kitchens near completion and soon to be inspected👏👏👏
New Gym- OWSJ are being brace/weld. Placement of metal deck is next.
Wall- brace in place. Once new gym is enclosed and watertight would allow removal of this wall.👍
Maintenance Contractor Activities in HCDSB Facilities During COVID-19 Intent of Document
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, certain precautions must be implemented to ensure maintenance activities at board facilities and properties are conducted in a safe manner. This outlines guidelines for contractors conducting maintenance/service activity at HCDSB facilities and sites during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Any individual entering HCDSB facilities are required to adhere to the following Board requirements:
• Access must be approved by the appropriate Facility Manager for the school;
• All individuals must wear a medical grade mask, minimum ASTM Level 1. If social distancing cannot
be maintained or you will be in a common area, a face shield or goggles is also required;
• Complete the Ontario On-line Self Screening Questionnaire prior to entering each building;
• Notify the main office when you are exiting the school;
• Follow all signage throughout the building.
The following guidelines must also be practiced by anyone conducting maintenance activities at a Board site to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19:
• Stay within your designated work area;
• Every effort should be made to avoid conducting work activities that require close contact with
• Avoid sharing personal items, supplies or tools;
• Avoid high-touch areas, where possible. If not possible, practice proper and frequent hand hygiene;
• Follow the direction of the on-site supervisor or Administrator.
The above listed requirements and guidelines do not necessarily apply to construction areas, i.e. within construction fence/hoarding. For these areas, please refer to the general contractor’s requirements.
All individuals entering HCDSB facilities must also adhere to the following public health requirements:
• Maintain physical distancing of at least 2 metres from others;
• Practice good hand hygiene by washing hands for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand
• Avoid touching of eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible;
• Cough and/or sneeze into your sleeve/elbow.
If you have any questions, please contact Clay Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org.